Sandy is Your Ultimate Base Camp!
Sandy, Utah is the ultimate base camp. Nowhere else in the world has a better proximity to as wide a variety of mountain sports and outdoor recreation, and metropolitan conveniences and amenities.
In town you'll find:
- Over 1200 hotel rooms and nearly 180 restaurants
- One of Utah's largest shopping complexes - The South Towne Center
- Rio Tinto Stadium – Home of the 2009 MLS Cup Champions Real Salt Lake
- 42 Movie Screens – the most in Utah
- The South Towne Expo Center – one of the busiest exposition centers in North America
- The Living Planet Aquarium - Utah's largest aquarium
- Momentum Climbing Gym – the largest climbing gym west of the Mississippi
- Numerous golf courses
Adjacent to the city are:
- Four world class ski resorts – Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude
- World famous rock climbing at Little Cottonwood Canyon
- 30 different mountain biking trails
- Beautiful hiking trails
- Campgrounds and Picnic Areas
- Dozens of Museums and Performing Arts Venues
- 30,000 Acre Lone Peak Wilderness and 12,000 Acre Twin Peaks Wilderness
Located in the Heart of the Wasatch, Sandy has everything you need whether you hit the slopes, hit the town, or hit the sack.